As anyone who has ever been shooting knows, a womans hands can get tired from all that trigger pulling and gun toting. Here are some easy ideas to strengthen your hands without having to hit the gym to do it.
- Gardening. Pulling weeds, digging and planting are all great exercises for strengthening the muscles in the hands and arms.
- Snow shoveling. If you live in a seasonal weather state, shoveling snow and raking leaves are great opportunities to exercise your hands. Dress appropriately and wear gloves to avoid blisters or frostbite.
- Crafts. By engaging in a variety of crafts, such as knitting, embroidery, or scrapbooking, you will flex the muscles in your hand, keeping them agile. Although making crafts might not strengthen your hands, it will make your hands more flexible.
- Dry fire practice. The tried and true method to strengthen your hand and it wont cost you a bucket of money in ammo. Or, alternatively, try practicing with airsoft guns, a less expensive alternative to live ammo. Either way, using your hands will strengthen your muscles.
- Dish washing. No, dont wash them with a dishwasher. Wash your dishes the old fashioned way, in the kitchen sink. Not many of us do this anymore, but all the swishing and lifting are good movements for both hands and arms.
- Lifting. When my kids were little (although they didnt feel so little), I felt like I was stronger than my husband. My arms really got toned fast and I got stronger the older (and heavier) they got.